The mother of all brow products

Christmas money in my hot little hands, I had a nice trip to my local (to work) Space NK this week. I have their NDulge points card and had a £5 voucher to spend as well so there was never going to be any way of leaving the shop empty handed - I rarely do...

Space NK has some beautiful products adorning their shelves - from luxe skincare such as Ren, Caudalie, This Works and Sunday Riley to make up by Kevyn Aucoin, Lipstick Queen, Nars and Chantecaille. I always find the sales team in the Primrose Hill branch really helpful - they are super knowledgable and will guide you or equally happy to leave you to browse, try products, swoon over £80 candles....

So this week I was looking for a new brow pencil. I always get my brows threaded but a couple of heavy handed tinting experiences have put me off (black brows and blonde hair...no no no!) and so I am back looking for that elusive perfect product. 

And boy have I found it! 




Chantecaille's waterproof brow definer will now always take pride of place in my make up bag. I am not used to spending quite so much on a brow product but having read reviews, it will last a while! 

Now, I appreciate some of you prefer the more natural brow and so in these before and after pics some of you more 'natural' folk may prefer the before! But for me, I love a defined brow and so this will show you how much brows can affect the look of your make up! Even I didn't realise how different it would be until I put the photos together! It is so simple to use and a little goes a long way - it comes in two colours - Ash Blonde and Oak Brown - I went for the latter as I can go in light handed and just have some definition or can layer more on as I need. 





I get that this is a very indulgent product so have listed below a few of my other favourites in order of preference (from right, with the first being my lovely new shiny Chantecaille product)




Anastasia brow powder duo in soft brown

Mii Cosmetics Brow Precision Eyebrow Detailer in Impeccably Medium.
For Bedford people, I buy this in Fifth Avenue beauty salon

Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Mascara

Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel in blonde

HD Brows Eye and Brow Palette in Bombshell

Sleek Makeup Brow Kit in light

Ok - so I realise I have 8 make up products for brows..........I think from now on I can whittle this down to one! In the long run I think even a £30+ brow product will prove cheaper than buying all of these. My search is over... for now! (Please excuse the stupid pouty face!)



#coatoftheday: So its been very mild so rather than a coat I will share with you one of my other Christmas purchases. A new brand I have found, this Lulu and Co Mohair jumper is now sold out but you will be pleased to know I paid the lower figure!!! 







Comments

Popular Posts